Being a student can be rough, especially if you are living away from home for the first time. We want to help make your university experience more enjoyable so we have put together a list a 20 student life hacks.
- If you are having a difficult time falling asleep because you can’t stop thinking about your exam tomorrow, read a book. Your eyes will get tired and relay that message to your brain.
- When you find yourself falling asleep in class, take a deep breath, hold it for a few seconds, and let it out slowly. This will raise your heart rate and wake you up. You can also use this for those times you find it hard to get out of bed in the morning.
- When you loan things out to your roommates or friends, take a picture of them holding the item so you remember who has it. When they return the item, delete the picture.
- In a hurry to leave but the shirt you want to wear is wrinkled? Put it in the dryer for 5 minutes with a few ice cubes. Taa-Daa, wrinkle-free.
- When you have dust or crumbs in your keyboard, run the sticky part of a post-it note between the keys.
- Want your room to have a fresher scent? Tape a dryer sheet on your a/c vent.
- Use a cup holder from a fast food restaurant as a laptop stand to keep it from overheating when using it in your lap or on your bed.
- If you have to give a presentation in class, prep one of your friends to ask a certain question so you will be prepared with an answer.
- Find yourself sleeping through your alarm for that 8AM class? Put your smartphone in a glass with the volume turned all the way up. You will no longer have that problem.
- Put a blue ink pen cartridge in a red pen. No one steals red pens.
- Tape a power strip to the side of your nightstand for short access to outlets.
- Use an over-the-door hanging shoe rack to organize cleaning supplies.
- Use unflavored dental floss to cut through any soft solids such as cheese, bread, and cake.
- Hang each tank top on a shower curtain ring. Hang the shower curtain rings on one hanger. Instant space saver.
- Use soda-pop tabs to offset hangers and cut your closet use in half.
- To efficiently clean your microwave, put a bowl of water in for 3 minutes. The steam will soften all the residue for an easy wipe-away.
- Wrap bread tabs around cords and label them with a permanent marker to keep the cords organized.
- Wrap rubber bands around the ends of hangers to keep items from sliding off.
- Chew gum while cutting onions. It will prevent you from tearing up.
- Use student discounts sites, like us!
At Study Perks, we provide you with incredible discounts specifically for students, start saving money today.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.